(A centre for Knowledge Sharing, Problem solving and Credit Counseling for the Rural Community)
Bank's passion for Rural Development
Bank of Baroda, since its inception on 20th July 1908 by the great visionary Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekward III, has been in the forefront for social commitment with its innovative approaches and products. A passion for agriculture and rural development and to serve the common man is ingrained in the Bank's philosophy.
In the past, the Bank has taken a number of initiatives such as opening of specialized outlets of Gram Vikas Kendras (GVKs) and Multi Service Agencies (MSAs). Baroda Swarojgar Vikas Sansthan (BSVS) is another initiative for capacity building by providing appropriate training for skill upgradation to unemployed youth and women for their gainful employment.
Centenary Year commitments
During the Centenary Year, the Bank is committed to continue its initiatives towards Corporate Social Responsibilities. Baroda Grameen Paramarsh Kendra (BGPK) - a centre for Knowledge Sharing, Problem solving and Credit Counseling for the Rural Community, is one of such initiatives.
For the rural community, especially for the farmers, there is a big "Knowledge Gap" in financial literacy, better farming practices, technology adoption, diversification of opportunities, market linked prices, value addition services offered by various institutions, women empowerment and also for employment opportunities for rural youth. In addition to this, the deficiencies/ ignorance about credit related repayment during distress situations call for credit counseling.
With a view to assist the rural community, the Bank has conceptualised "Baroda Grameen Paramarsh Kendra (BGPK)" and its implementation by the dedicated team, which would build the confidence of the rural people.
Activities to be covered:
- Financial Education and Financial Inclusion
- Information sharing and problem solving on technical issues
- Credit counseling
- Synergy and liaison with other organisations and development activities
Services offered: (Illustrative Only)
- Financial Education and Financial Inclusion:
- Spreading "Financial Awareness" among rural masses through village level meetings and help them to choose suitable banking products.
- 100% Financial Inclusion in 5-10 villages.
Information sharing and problem solving:
- Interface sessions with the Subject Matter Specialists from Knowledge institutions like Agri. Universities, KVKs, NGOs, etc.
- Providing extension services to the farmers by organizing / participating in Grameen melas, TV & Radio talks, Film / Puppet shows, etc.
- Maintaining a small library containing books, journals, audio-visual aids, etc.
- Information on the prices of Agriculture commodities in various mandis across the country so that the farmers can sell their products at best price.
- Providing credit counseling on repayment pattern, rephasement, reschedulement and fresh credit during distress situations for rural people.
Synergy and liaison with other organisations and development activities:
- Synergy and liaison with Farmers Clubs, SHGs, NGOs, Rural Marketing agencies, Input suppliers, Rural markets, etc for value addition services.
- Training the rural youth for self-employment through Baroda Swarojgar Vikas Sansthan (BSVS) centres / Farmers Training Centres (to be opened).
Each BGPK would be managed by a dedicated experienced Agri. Officer with internet connectivity in a separate enclosure within the branch.
A separate cell for "Baroda Grameen Paramarsh Kendra" has been set up at the Corporate Office for periodical guidance, review and monitoring.
Baroda Grameen Paramarsh Kendra (BGPK) Cell,
Rural & Agri. Banking Department,
Bank of Baroda, Baroda Corporate Centre,
C-26, G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex,
Bandra (E), Mumbai - 400 051.
Phone : 022-67592581
Fax : 022-67592565