This plan is ideal for Non-Resident Indians seeking loans in Foreign Currency in India against their own FCNR (B) Deposits.
As per current RBI guidelines in force, Foreign Currency loans is allowed to depositor / third party without any ceiling subject to usual margin requirements
- You can request up to 95% of the amount*.
Terms & Conditions
- The facility of premature withdrawal of FCNR deposits shall not be available where loans against such deposits are to be availed
- For purposes other than investment in India, repayment shall be made either by adjustment of the deposit or by fresh inward remittances from outside India through normal banking channels.
- Facilities for loans/overdraft will be advanced against FCNR (B) Fixed deposits in USD, GBP,EUR or YEN.
- Margin will be 5% of present value of the deposit.
- Rate of interest: 1.5% p.a. over six months LIBOR rate as on the date of loan or 1.50 % over the FCNR (B) deposit rate , whichever is higher.
- Interest charged to the loan/overdraft account must be credited promptly every quarter (March, June. September and December). In case of default of 2 consecutive quarters interest payment, the fixed deposit shall be prematurely withdrawn for liquidating the amount of loan/overdraft outstanding.
- Wherever the Fixed Deposit is under Half Yearly Interest Payment Scheme, the depositor shall direct that this half yearly interest be credited to loan/overdraft account only.
- Loan/overdraft amount do not enjoy the benefit of convertibility or cannot be repatriated or credited to accounts having the features of convertibility i.e. non-Resident External and Foreign currency deposit accounts.
For further details, please contact the Bank of Baroda Branch nearest to you.