Non Resident External (NRE) (RUPEE) Fixed Deposits
A deposit plan that enables opening an account through instruments such as Demand Drafts, Telegraphic Transfers, Telex, Mail Transfers etc. and which also provides the option for reimbursement plan and quarterly interest plan.
Confidentiality of accounts, automatic renewal of deposits and the option of payment of proceeds in the currency of your own choice are other highlights of this deposit plan.
- Option to keep the deposit receipt free of cost in Bank's safe custody.
- Premature withdrawal for the purpose of renewal at better interest rate is permitted without penalty clause on demand.
- Automatic renewal on due date in the absence of specific instructions.
- Option for Reinvestment (cumulative interest) Plan and Quarterly Interest Plan.
- Attractive rates of interest coupled with convertibility.
- Payment of proceeds in the currency of your choice.
- Confidentiality of accounts and transactions.
- Loans and overdrafts limits are granted against pledge of deposit receipts.
- No income tax liability.
- Provision for nomination
Terms & Conditions
- NRI's can open this account by Inward remittances in any convertible currency from abroad through normal banking channels by way of:
- Demand drafts
- Telegraphic Transfers
- Mail Transfers
- Foreign Currency /Travellers cheques (during their personal visit) as well as transfer from any non-resident (External) Rupee Savings & Fixed Deposit account or Foreign Currency Non Resident deposit.
- Deposits can be placed maintained for periods ranging from 12 months to 120 months. No interest will be payable for deposits that have remained with the bank for less than twelve months"
- Repatriation of these deposits and interest are freely allowed in any convertible Foreign Currency at a place of your choice
- Interest is paid/credited (in case of cumulative deposit) every Quarter (i.e. March, June, September & December).
- As per Reserve Bank of India directives dated 16th September 2003, Banks cannot accept NRE deposits from Overseas Corporate Bodies (OCB). For current interest rates on deposits click here.
For further details, please contact the Bank of Baroda Branch nearest to you.