"Baroda Health" (Mediclaim Insurance Policy) for Bank’s Account holders.
With a view to offer value added services to our customers, we have developed a co-branded insurance product called as "BarodaHealth" (Mediclaim Insurance Policy) for Bank's Account holders w.e.f. 23rd February 2006 available at all our branches across the country.
What is Baroda Health Policy?
It is a Medical Insurance Scheme, available only to account holders of our Bank, which takes care of the hospitalization expenses incurred by the customer up to the amount of sum insured, in respect of the following eventualities.
- Any illness / disease
- Accidental injury and/ or any ailment.
- Any surgery that is required in respect of any disease or accident that has arisen during the policy period
- The minimum hospitalization should be for 24 hours
Key Benefits :
- Very low premium
In this co-branded product, single premium (generally payable for a single person) is payable and Medical Health insurance cover is available to family of -4- (self, spouse and 2 dependent children) up to the amount insured without any additional premium.
A member or all the members in insured family can avail hospitalization benefits during the policy period, to the extent of aggregate sum not exceeding the sum insured.
- Premium paid is eligible for Income Tax exemption under Section 80 D as per Income Tax Rules.
- No medical examination required for commencement of health cover.
- Pre-existing diseases also get coverage after 3 continuous claim-free policy years.
- Coverage options available: 8 slabs ranging from Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/- per family of 1+3.
Upper age limit of primary member (first named person) is allowed upto 80 years, if a person obtains the insurance cover before completion of 65 years and continue to renew the policy upto the age he wishes to or 80 years, whichever is earlier.
The scheme is administered through Third Party Administrators (TPAs) for settlement of Hospitalization Claims under the insurance cover.
The insured individuals get cashless hospitalization facility also in the selected hospitals through TPAs. The whole process is hassle-free and treatment upto the limit of insurance is available without any payment at the time of admission or discharge. Payment of hospital bill up to the sum insured will be taken care of by the TPA directly.
Scope of cover:
- Room, Boarding expenses as provided by the Hospital / Nursing Home.
- Nursing expenses.
- Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialists Fees.
- Anaesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre Charges, Surgical appliances, Medicines & Drugs, Diagnostic Materials and X-Ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Cost of pacemaker, Artificial Limbs and cost of organs and similar expenses.
- Additional Covers
Terms and Conditions:
- This policy is available only to account holders of our Bank.
Period of insurance cover is one year. The policy needs renewal on or before the expiry date for continuity.
- The Premium Payable (currently in force).
- The family for this purpose means self, spouse and two dependent children.
Non-earning son / daughter is considered dependent (scholarship amount is not considered as income). However, Married daughters are not considered dependent.
There are certain diseases / expenses which are not covered in the scheme. Kindly check the details of these Major Exclusions
- The insured will receive the following documents directly from the insurance co. and TPA
- Original Receipt (can be used as proof for claiming IT rebates U/s 80D of Income Tax Act.)
- TPA guide book
- Identity Card issued by TPA
The scheme is administered through Third Party Administrators (TPAs) for settlement of Hospitalization Claims under the insurance cover. Please check details for Claim Procedure
- The detailed Terms and Conditions as per the insuring company, which policy holder will receive along with the policy documents.
The process is simple. Bank�s customers can download the proposal form, fill up and submit along with the cheque for premium amount to our nearest branch. The cheque should be drawn in favour of �National Insurance Co. Ltd.� For any further details or assistance, please visit our nearest branch.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. Bank of Baroda is the Certified Corporate Agent for National Insurance Co. Ltd. and nothing contained on the Website shall constitute or be deemed to constitute an advice, an offer to purchase or an invitation or solicitation to undertake any activity or enter into any transaction relating to the Gen. Insurance Products. Participation by Bank of Baroda customers shall be purely on voluntary basis. The contract of Insurance is between National Insurance Company Ltd. and the insured, and not between Bank of Baroda and the insured.