Bank is forwarding various transactional, informative, promotional, educational SMS alerts to customers on their registered mobile number.
Types of SMS alerts
By Registering the Mobile number, customers will be provided with the following SMS alerts
||Type of Alerts
||a. ADC transactions irrespective of amount –
||b. OTP Generation
||c. Other than ADC- TXN alert to customer in Finacle For SB,CA and OD accounts transactions for Rs.5000/- and above and Cash Credit Rs.1 lac and above
||Cheque presented in inward clearing ( Through RMI upload)Rs.1 lac and above at entry level of transaction
||Missed call SMS banking on customer account
||Cheque Book Dispatch information
||Account opening SMS to customer - For Newly opened account.
||Potentially dormant account
||FDR maturing SMS
||On issuance of FDR
||For BKCC Accounts expiry date intimation to customer - Before 15 days.
||Inward and outward cheque retuned unpaid irrespective of amount- daily.
||KYC non compliance SMS - in bulk ( after certain interval)
||Birthday wishes to customer.
||Acceptance of Form 15G/15H in the system
||Card Hot listing
- Saving Bank accounts : Rs. 15/-+ Taxes per quarter
- Current/CC/OD accounts : Rs. 25/-+ Taxes per quarter
The amount would be deducted at the beginning of the quarter.
For existing as well as new customer, who fulfill following requirement, would be automatically subscribed and charged for SMS alerts facility.
- Scheme Type - Saving, Current, Overdraft or Cash Credit scheme.
- Account where mobile number is registered in CBS
- New account if not un-subscribed at the time of account opening
SMS Charges Exemption Categories
- Basic Saving Bank/FI/PMJDY customers
- Super Saving/CA Premium/CA privilege customers
- Staff Members (including ex-staff members)
Option for Subscription/Un-subscription
- By giving application in the base branch.
- By sending SMS to 8422009988 (charges applicable) in the following format -
Un-subscribing SMS alert facility
DEACT <Last 4 digit of account number> Example – DEACT 0811
Subscribing SMS alert facility (for A/c where customer had unsubscribed the facility earlier)
ACT <Last 4 digit of account number> Example – ACT 0811
Confirmation will be sent to customers after subscription/un-subscription in the following format
Message for Un-Subscription
Your request for de-activation of SMS alert service is successfully processed.
Message for Subscription
Your request for activation of SMS alert service is successfully processed.
- The keywords are not case-sensitive
- In case SMS was not received as per format specified above, then a SMS will be send as “Invalid keyword/message”
- If customer is having more than one account they are required to un-subscribe/ subscribe for each account separately.
If account holder unsubscribe before starting of next quarter, he will not be charged from subsequent quarter but charged for current quarter. After un-subscription such customer will get only mandatory alerts, informative & educative SMS and will not get other SMS alerts.