The Loan will be sanctioned for extending financial assistance to deserving/ meritorious students for pursuing Education
||Nursery to standard XII
||College and Higher Education in India
||BARODA EDUCATION LOAN TO STUDENTS OF PREMIER INSTITUTIONS (Under Baroda Gyan)
||Courses conducted by the Premier Educational Institutions in India
Scope of the Education Loan
Studies in India
- For education from Nursery to standard XII (Parents shall be given loan in this case)
- For Graduation Courses, Post-Graduation Courses, Professional Courses like Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Dental, Management, Architecture, Computer Education etc.
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA etc.
- Courses conducted by IIM, IIT, IISC, XLRI, NIFT etc.
- Regular Degree / Diploma Courses like Aeronautical, Pilot Training, Shipping etc. approved by Director General of Civil Aviation / Shipping.
- Courses offered in India by reputed foreign Universities
- Other courses leading to Diploma/ Degree etc. conducted by colleges / universities approved by UGC/ Govt. / AICTE / AIBMS / ICMR etc.
- Professional / technical courses offered by reputed foreign universities
- Post-graduation courses like MBA, MCA, MS etc.
- Courses conducted by CIMA- London, CPA in USA etc.
- Regular Degree/ Diploma courses like Aeronautical, Pilot Training, Shipping etc. The institute should be recognized by local aviation / shipping authority and Director General of Civil Aviation / Shipping in India.
- Should be an Indian resident
- Should have secured admission in any courses as mentioned above in point 2.
Coverage of Expenses
- Fee payable to college / school / Institute / University
- Examination / Library / Laboratory fee
- Purchase of Books / Instruments / Equipments / Uniforms
- Personal Computer / Laptop wherever required
- Caution Deposit, Building Fund / Refundable deposit (supported by Institutional Bills / Receipts), subject to condition that the amount does not exceed 10% of the total tuition fees for the entire course.
- Insurance premium for student borrower (not for Loans up to 12th standard Student)
- Any other expenses required to complete the Course- like study tours, project works, theses etc.
Quantum of Finance
- Loan to parent of students pursuing school education from Nursery to XII standard -- Maximum Rs 4.00 lac (subject to year wise sublimit)
- For other courses in India- Maximum Rs.30.00 lac
- For study outside India- Maximum Rs. 60.00 lac
- Baroda Vidya : NIL
- Baroda Gyan : Upto Rs. 4.00 Lakh – NIL, Above Rs. 4.00 lacs 5 %
- Baroda Education Loan to Students of Premier Institutions - NIL
- Baroda Scholar for study abroad: NIL for List A and List B Institution, 10 % for Institutions not specified in List A and B.
- Up to Rs. 4.00 lac- No Security. Co obligation/ Obligation of Parents
- Above Rs.4.00 lac and up to Rs.7.50 lac-Collateral in the form of a suitable third party guarantee along with assignment of future income.
- Above Rs. 7.50 lac - Tangible collateral security equal to 100% of the loan amount along with assignment of future income of the students.
Baroda Vidya: NIL
Baroda Gyan & Education Loan to Students of Premier Institutions*: NIL
*For list of Premier Institutions visit our Bank’s website.
Baroda Scholar: 1.00% of Loan amount (maximum Rs.10, 000/-) to be recovered upfront which will be refundable on availment (first disbursement) of loan. The amount can be refunded to the credit of Saving Bank account / Loan account of the student / borrower.
A non-refundable Lump sum amount Rs.7,500/- per property (towards Advocate and Valuer charges) to be taken upfront in case of all Education Loan accounts, wherever property is mortgaged.
Disbursement: For study in India
- Directly to School / Institution/ Hostel – term wise / Year wise, in stages as per the requirement / demand
- Directly to Book seller / shop for purchase of Books, Instruments, Equipments
- Next Year disbursement to be made only after Student has passed the Current Year annual examination & progress report / Mark sheet to that effect is produced to Bank.
- In case student does not secure Hostel facilities with educational institute, he may be allowed to make his own arrangement, if required, fee of lodging / boarding in such cases to be paid directly to concerned establishment, after verifying bonafides of the same
- For the first year of study, at times institutions insist students to pay the fees upfront at the time of admission. Such amount can be reimbursed after obtaining proof of payment.
To be submitted at regular intervals by student for Bank records.
Branch which is in the close proximity to the permanent residence of the parent / at the place of posting / service of the parent, who will be borrower (in case of Loans for Education from Nursery to XII standard) & Co borrower in other cases.
Rate of Interest
For current interest rate visit Click here
In case of Loans for Education from Nursery to XII standard
- Loan for each yearly sub limit is repayable in 12 Equated Monthly Installments. First Installment to be due 12 months after first disbursement of each year’s loan component.
- Interest to be serviced as and when applied during the moratorium period.
- Option to repay the loan after moratorium by way of EMI is also available.
In case of other Loans
- Loan upto Rs.7.50 lac is repayable in 10 years after moratorium period (Course period+ 1 year or 6 months after getting job, whichever is earlier). And loans more than 7.50 lac is repayable in 15 years after moratorium period (Course period+ 1 year or 6 months after getting job, whichever is earlier)
- If the student is not able to complete the course within the scheduled time, extension of time for completion of course may be extended for a maximum period of 2 years. In such cases moratorium period will stand extended accordingly
- 0.50% concession in rate of interest to loans for girl students except for “Baroda Education Loans to Students of premier Institution”.
- Penal Interest @ 2% p.a. on overdue amount if loan exceeds Rs 4 lac