All Individuals and Non-individuals
Amount of Deposit
- Rs.1000/- and in multiples of Rs.100/-
Tenure of Deposit
Minimum : 12 Months
Maximum : 120 Months
Rate of interest
As per the maturity period of the deposit
Payment of Interest
Interest will be paid on quarterly basis.
No penalty for premature payment will be levied in case of premature payment of deposits upto Rs.5 lacs provided it remained with the bank for a minimum period of 12 months
For deposits more than Rs.5 lac and less than Rs.1 crore, which remained for less than 12 months, interest should be paid after deducting penalty of 1% from such applicable rate or the contracted rate whichever is lower in the cases which are subject to charging penalty
Deposit will be auto-renewed for a period of minimum 12 months
Availability of Loan/ Overdraft
Overdraft / Loan against deposit provided on demand upto 95 % of the outstanding balance in the account as on date of loan. Interest will be charged as per Bank’s extant guidelines from time to time
Accepted as security by Government departments
Accepted as margin for non-fund based activities
- Rate of Interest to Senior Citizen: An Additional interest @ 0.50 % is payable for deposits below Rs.1 crore only.
- Nomination Facility: Nomination facility will be available
- Tax Deduction at Source: TDS will be deducted as per income Tax rules. No TDS will be deducted if a person submits form 15G/ 15H as applicable.
- Method of Calculation of Interest on or before Maturity: “In all cases of domestic term deposits where the terminal quarter is incomplete, interest should be calculated for the actual number of days, reckoning the year 365/366 days viz the calculation of interest on such deposits should be in order of completed quarters and days.” Interest will be calculated and compounded at quarterly rests.
- TDS Certificate: TDS certificate will be provided to all customers.
- Overdue Deposit: If renewal request is received after date of maturity, such overdue deposits will be renewed with effect from date of maturity at interest rate applicable as on due date provided such request is received within 14 days of maturity of deposit, after which interest for overdue period will be paid at the rate decided by Bank from time to time.
- Advance against Deposits: This facility is not available to Minor account in single name and HUF. If the interest is not deposited for more than 2 quarters, term deposit will be apportioned immediately.
- Interest Certificate available at request of customer
- Deposit Certificate – Term Deposit Receipt is provided
- Term Deposits can be transferred from one branch to other branch at the request of the customer.
- Mode of Payment: Maturity proceeds are credited SB/ CA account of the customer. In cases where there are no operative accounts of the customer, maturity proceeds can be given in cash below Rs.20,000 above which DD/ Pay Order will be issued.
- Minor Accounts can be opened for individuals above 10 years subject to maximum cap of Rs.1,00,000/-
Bulk Deposits (More than Rs.1 crore)
- Bulk deposits can be opened under any of the above mentioned schemes under retail time deposits.
- Bank reserves the right to accept the deposits above Rs.25 crores.
- Rate of interest for Bulk deposits is different from retail time deposits and is regularly updated on Bank’s website
- Bank reserves the right to accept request for premature payment as the same is agreed at the time of account opening by the customer. On acceptance of premature payment request, the penal clause will be same as in schemes under retail time deposits.