Enjoy an increasing rate of interest with longer periods of deposit. Your money remains safe and secure with an option of easy liquidity.
- Loan/Overdraft facility up to 95% of the deposit amount additional to the accrued interest thereon (nature of requirement will not be a factor for withdrawal).
- For such loans interest shall be charged 1.50% to 1.75% (Depending on amount of loan) over the deposit rate with monthly rest in case of depositor -borrower and in case of others the rate of interest will be a little higher depending upon loan amount.Interest rate on Loan against deposits of Senior Citizens shall be charged at 1.25% over deposit rate.
- No processing fees will be charged for Loans and Advances against bank deposits.
- The Govt. of India accepts the money deposited in this plan as a security.
- Deposits can be accepted as the margin money for non-fund based facilities.
- No penalty for premature payment will be levied in case of premature payment of deposits up to Rs. 5 Lakhs provided it remained with the Bank for a minimum period of 12 months.
- On pre-matured withdrawal of your deposits, interest will be calculated at 1% below the rate applicable for the period of deposits.
- Facility for auto renewal of your deposit, in case such instructions haven't been received for the same. This ensures that you don't lose out on interest.
- Provision for nomination
- Minimum amount required to open an account - Rs. 1,000/-.
- Subsequent deposits in multiples of Rs. 100.
- Deposit Tenure:
- Minimum - 12 months.
- Maximum - 120 months.
- Interest is paid on half yearly basis.
- Rate of interest is decided by the maturity period.
- Interest payments are subject to TDS (Tax Deducted at Source).
- Senior citizens can avail of an additional interest rate of 0.50% irrespective of the amount of deposit.
- Documents required:
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of residence
- An introduction as per Bank's norms
Notice for customers regarding - Method of calculation of interest adopted for Term deposit (period of deposit more than a year) w.e.f. 01.03.2012
‘In all cases of domestic term deposits (period of deposit more than a year) where the terminal quarter is incomplete, interest will be calculated for the actual number of days, reckoning the year 365/366 days viz. the calculation of interest on such deposits will be in order of completed quarters and days.’
Notice for customers regarding - Payment of interest on pre-mature withdrawal of term deposit w.e.f. 01.03.2012
The rate of interest applicable for premature payment without penalty will be the rate ruling on the date of accepting the deposit (i.e. the date of contract) for the period for which deposit has actually remained with the Bank or the Contracted Rate whichever is lower. Penalty is waived if following conditions are satisfied.i.e.
- Face value of deposit does not exceed Rs.5/- lacs and
- The said Deposit has remained with the bank for a minimum period of 12 months.
You can see below links also